Adapted from Keto Daily
(I cut the recipe by 1/3)
1/4 cup Coconut Flour
3 Eggs (room temperature)
4 tbsp Butter (Melted)
1/3 cup Frozen Blueberries
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tbsp Whipping Cream
Pinch of Salt
1 scant tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice + Lemon Zest
1/8 tsp Xanthan Gum
1. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF
2. In a large bowl combine coconut flour, salt, baking powder and lemon zest. Set aside.
3. Add eggs*, vanilla, lemon, cream and butter. Beat on high speed for a couple of minutes, until well combined.
*The video I watched on their Facebook post stated that the eggs must be at room temperature to avoid the ‘eggy taste’.
4. Add xanthan gum, beat an additional minute
5. Add berries and fold, gently.
6. Scoop evenly in muffin tins, I topped with a few extra berries, and bake for 30-40 mins.
or until toothpick comes out clean and tops are slightly browned.
Allow to cool completely before trying to remove from paper cups
These were delicious! As much as I loved the raspberry version, the blueberry was way better! The addition of the lemon zest really brought the flavours together.
I like to slice and warm in the microwave for about 12 seconds and top with butter. Sooo good! My parents even liked them, and they are not keto. They said they were sweet enough with just the fruit.
This is a great base. I have so many versions I want to try!