For Mom’s birthday dinner she requested this Louisiana Hot Crab dip. She sent me the recipe and said, “I think you can even eat this!” I love that so many recipes that are ‘normal’ are keto and or very easily adapted.
The recipe is from MyRecipes.com .
Louisiana Hot Crab Dip
I halved this recipe, as it makes a lot. I also used canned crab. It’s what I had
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crab meat, free of shells
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions (white and green parts)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375º
2. Combine all ingredients (I left out the crab, I wanted to keep big chunks, tends to break up when siring)
3. Add crab and fold in
4. Transfer to a buttered baking dish. I topped with a bit more Parmesan.
5. Bake until bubbling and golden on top. I finished it off with broiler for a few mins.
6. As hard as it is, allow to cool for a bit before serving. It thickens up a bit and much more flavour. As tempting as it is, molten lava cheese is never a good time.
Serve with your favourite keto friendly vehicle. I used pepperoni chips, rinds and celery. I also make them home made Crostini, normally I wouldn’t but it was Mom’s Birthday!
This dip was delicious! The aroma coming from the oven when it was cooking was wonderful! It was difficult waiting for it to cool!
Everyone raved about this recipe. We were discussing other ways it would be good. They thought over pasta (I would use spaghetti squash), topping a steak and lets me honest, I said just a spoon! It’s that good!